Loan Originator Compensation 1099 v W2 Webinar Recording
This LIVE webinar will review originator classifications (W-2 vs 1099).
This is NOT just a California thing! Based on the recent California Dynamex Case, a new CA law (Assembly Bill 5) passed and becomes effective January 1, 2020.
Misclassification of W-2 employees as 1099 independent contractors can be a costly mistake for mortgage companies and every state will be affected by this case.
Non-depository mortgage lenders and brokers are growing marketshare. The bigger we are, the more scrutiny we will face.
In this webinar we discuss:
- The “ABC” test to determine proper worker classification
- The Memorandum of Understanding between the IRS and the Federal Department of Labor
- Why this issue is important for all states and the federal government
- How employers get caught
- Back taxes, penalties and interest – a financial burden you may not recover from
- Why we expect more enforcement than in the past
- What you should do TODAY to protect your business
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes