Simple 3 Step Process to Getting NMLS State Licensed as a Mortgage Loan Originator.
All mortgage loan originators seeking to become State Licensed Originators are required by the SAFE Act to complete the following steps:
For the best information see this quick video: The Mortgage Professional SpotLight http://learn.cloes.online/organization/1/view/17997-tecxs-fxrwM-Wmp1W
1. Register with the NMLS
- Register with the NMLS go to this site : https://nationwidelicensingsystem.org/slr/resources/Pages/GettingStartedStateMLO.aspx
2. Take Pre-Licensing Education
Not All Pre-Licensing Education is the same. Get advice directly from a Licensed Originator. Why guess at what you need to know!
- Take Required Federal NMLS Pre-Licensing Education. You can schedule a live class on a specific date or take an almost live class on your schedule at CLOES.onlne. We recommend our: NMLS Approved 20 Hour Video Webinar SAFE Act Pre-licensing course. https://cloes.online/20-hour-safe-act-comprehensive-federal-pre-licensing-education/
3. Take the National Test
- Take the NMLS State Mortgage Loan Originator National Test. https://nationwidelicensingsystem.org/profreq/testing/Pages/default.aspx
- Do not Take your State Pre-Licensing Class Until after you have passed the National Exam. The information on the State PE is not tested on the National Exam and will only add additional information not needed for the exam.
- If you fail the National Exam you must wait 30 days to retake it.
- Take required State NMLS Pre-licensing education https://cloes.online/additional-state-pre-licensing-education/
- Complete Federal Background Check
- Submit Credit Reports
- Get NMLS Approved by your state
For more information View: The Mortgage Professional SpotLight http://learn.cloes.online/organization/1/view/17997-tecxs-fxrwM-Wmp1W
Getting licensed is the first step to a successful and profitable career. We encourage all originators to become real estate finance experts by continuing their education as a Mortgage Professional.
We have a complete 60 hour program leading to a Certificate that will mean more to you as an originator of the 21st Century. Take a look at: Mortgage Professional certification/