CATEGORY: Mortgage Industry
Course Access: Lifetime
Brief History of Mortgage Lending
- The Story of Mortgage Lending
- Key Terminology
- Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Federal Housing
Participants – Primary Mortgage Markets
- Commercial Banks
- Savings and Loan Associations
- Mortgage Companies, Bankers, and Brokers
- Other Primary Mortgage Market Lenders
- Function of Secondary Markets
- The Flow of Mortgage Funds
- Secondary Markets Agencies
- Secondary Market Standards
Day Mortgage Lending
- The Subprime Mortgage Crisis
- Describe the two mortgage instruments and
their primary purpose.
- Differentiate mortgage banks, mortgage
lenders, mortgage brokers and mortgage loan originators
- Explain the difference between a wholesale and
a retail lender.
- Define warehouse lending.
- Understand the basic development of mortgage
- Describe what the secondary market basically
- Define primary and secondary lender.
- Identify the contributions made by mortgage
brokers to the real estate industry.